15 May 2012

Too Faced Candlelight Revisited

I have to say I love a multitasking product, especially at this time of year when you might decide to have an impromptu weekend getaway or a day at the beach turns into an evening of drinks with friends. Having something in my bag that instantly brightens and flatters is essential. If it can achieve more than one purpose at a time, then bring it on, where do I sign up?

Originally, I was using Too Faced Candlelight as a very subtle highlighter and occasionally, but only at night, as a face powder. However, lately I have found further use for my pretty compact. This stuff makes a great under eye brightening and setting powder. Allow me to explain, I apply foundation, concealer and eye makeup, then I follow with a loose powder on the rest of my face and Candlelight just under the eyes and tres magnifique, it brightens and sets the concealer without ever looking cakey or overdone. 


Have you ever had an eye-shadow, which for some reason just seemed almost impossible to blend? Well, I take my Candlelight and swirl my blending brush in there before I buff the shadow in. This helps no end and adds just a subtle hint of brightness to the upper lid area. Not so much to change the colour of the shadow I was blending and without looking over the top. I like this when I want a look that doesn't appear too over done and I don't want to look like I have applied umpteen shades of shadow. 


I can imagine this magic compact could work brilliantly for anyone with a tan (that doesn't include me, I'm afraid), used just on the t-zone, this would absorb excess oil without making the face look flat. This is truly one of those products that you might buy and wonder 'What now?', I know I did, but you know what, it has proven to be a great little work horse in my beauty arsenal and yet somehow, there isn't even a dint in the compact. This stuff lasts ages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment