30 December 2011

My Favourite Products from 2011

The following are items that found regular use and love in my routine, some were used prior, others were discovered (by me at least) in 2011. I wholeheartedly recommend trying them in 2012. 
NYX Cream Blush in Natural

1. Foundation:
MAC Pro-Longwear - This foundation has been my savior. For some reason, although I haven't got the oiliest skin in the world (it's combo), foundations don't last the longest time on this visage. Pro-Longwear is possibly the longest lasting foundation I have tried to date. It covers imperfections better than most and has a pretty impressive selection of shades. I've had the bottle since early September and it's only half way through with daily use, so pretty good value. 

2. Primer/ Treatment:
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is still performing like no other. I wouldn't use this every day, it's a treat as a mask or a work horse as a primer for special occasions. Love this stuff. Anything that makes my makeup last, makes skin more radiant and feels luxurious is a great product in my book. 

3. Sleek Makeup i-divine palette:
An excellent array of colours that I seem to reach for just about every day, if not for a base colour, then for a crease colour. 

4. NYX Cream Blush in Natural:
This was the first cream blush I ever tried and has left me wanting more. It's a gorgeous shade for paler complexions, a beautiful peachy pink shade. Buildable, this is great for day or night, personally I prefer a more subtle finish. 

5. Bobby Brown Matte Bronzer in Medium:
Medium? I know! However, the makeup artist who recommended this shade to me with my NC15 complexion, was totally right and now I use this every single day. This my friends is what makes the difference when you have skin as pale as mine and want to wear the right shade of base without looking completely ill. 

6. Pureology Essential Repair Shampoo:
Sulphate free, this actually produces an indulgent lather and actually feels good for my hair. It feels moisturizing on the scalp as well and is supposed to reduce colour fading. I look forward to getting sudsy with this stuff and would love to try the other products in their range. 

7. Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil:
Essential in winter and supposedly great for those with problematic skin. This is also reputed to be beneficial for hair and nails. Try it! If you hated the taste if this stuff when you were a child, go for the capsules instead. 

8. Matrix Total Results Amplify Conditioner:
My hair was starting to look limp and lifeless and I thought it could be from using products that were just too heavy for my baby fine hair. Well, I was right and this conditioner is great, it adds moisture where needed, but doesn't weigh my hair down. Such a difference that I have already ordered a shampoo from Matrix to further add to my hair's current happy state;D

9. Vichy Normaderm Triple Action Anti-acne Hydrating Lotion:
If, like me, you have non-teen-aged skin that suffers from acne, this could be a solution. Typical products aimed at the younger market are far too drying for my sensitive, 30 something skin. This fights breakouts, while moisturizing. Great stuff!

10. Bio Derma H20 Micellar Solution:
This is an amazing product. Great for removing eye makeup and normal makeup. I like to use this first to remove eye makeup, then I use a creamy cleanser to remove the majority of my long-wear foundation and then Bio Derma again to take the rest off. In the mornings, this is all I need. 

11. Dove Beauty Bar:
This year, as an experiment, I decided to abandon the use of shower gels in a bid to lessen the problem of overly dry skin. I have to say, I am so glad I did. I use this in the shower with a shower puff and scrub. I still moisturize most days, but now, if I don't have the time, I'm not severely uncomfortable like I was before. Such relief. I even use this instead of shaving cream/gel. It's great value and honestly my skin has never felt so good.

12. Olive Oil: 
I still swear by this. Massage on scalp and leave for as long as possible before washing out for a great treatment that leaves you with soft hair and a clear scalp. Mix with sea salt for a body scrub that leaves your skin seriously well moisturized. I've heard of people using this for dry skin on the face and also as an eye makeup remover in a pinch, but I haven't tried these uses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment